Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Arizona Biltmore

We went to a family reunion this weekend.  While it was so fun to meet the extended family, the best part of the weekend was the hotel (shhh....don't tell them). 

The Arizona Biltmore.  It truly is the jewel of the desert.  I don't normally share vacation destinations, but this one is too beautiful not to showcase.  I came away feeling inspired and excited for summer projects (which will be my next post).  I thought I would share some of the beauty with you. 

The hotel was built in 1929 (great year to start a luxury hotel, huh?) and was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  You can see his influence everywhere.  For more information, visit the official website.


A view of Squaw Mountain


Gardens


I need these lights in my next house.


The lobby - don't you love all the geometric furniture?


One of the banquet halls


There are several pairs of these lovely ladies around the hotel.


The entrance 


A Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass design.  I believe it's called Saguaro.


More ladies...





Ludvic's Marilyn Monroe paintings





Inspiration is all around us.




No comments:

Post a Comment